MRI Software has introduced MRI Affordable Housing, a property management and compliance software program for owners and managers of affordable housing and mixed-income portfolios.
This software fully integrates with MRI’s conventional multi-family property management and financial solutions. It is intended to simplify management of mixed portfolios and provide advanced reporting capabilities.
The software may assist owners in managing layered projects with multiple subsidies and program requirements. It is designed to track compliance rules across multiple levels. It will also allow users to automate compliance for HUD multi-family, LIHTC, HOME, and USDA Rural Development projects.
According to MRI, major features include:
- A comprehensive compliance engine that automates the resident certification process and permits easy data transmission;
- At-a-glance tenant files that provide quick access to household contact information, status, important notes, and tasks to be completed;
- Assistance Connect online portal integration that allows for self-service certification, application intake, payment, service requests and improved communication with applicants, residents, and owners;
- MRI Financials native integration which offers a single source for property and financial data;
- Process management dashboards to increase efficiency and workflow and highlight key performance indicators;
- Role-based dashboards that display a snapshot of work to be completed and actionable data insight; and
- Centralized reporting using MRI Report Gateway. This permits combined reporting on both conventional and affordable properties.
From a practical standpoint, this software is designed to eliminate multiple entries for a household and provide quick access to information and tasks to be completed. Other benefits noted by MRI include more manageable online waitlists with better integration of eligibility data.
The system also offers a way to complete background checks without leaving the software.
Owners and managers currently exploring affordable housing software options may want to take a look at what this new package has to offer in order to determine what best meets their needs.